Do you want to display inline related posts in WordPress? If yes then you are at the right place.
From top news agencies like BBC to Times of India all and small bloggers, most of them use related posts on their website due to its multiple functions and benefits.
- What are the benefits of using related posts in WordPress posts?
- How to display inline related post in WordPress?
- Wrapping Up
What are the benefits of using related posts in WordPress posts?
Add values to your reader
Adding correct and relevant related posts in a WordPress blog enhances the reader’s experience. It provides more information on the related topic. It also works as a driving force to make the blog more authentic and resourceful.
Good for SEO
Apart from adding value to the readers, adding inline related posts in WordPress blog posts is good for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as it decreases the bounce rate and increases the time spent by users on the website.
Adding inline related posts to WordPress blog posts enhances the look and feel of the blog and adds beauty to your blogs as compared to traditional way of putting custom “Also Read…” block.
How to display inline related post in WordPress?
Today in this tutorial we are going to use two plugins to add inline related posts in our WordPress website.
Let’s start with a plugin called Inline Related Posts by Intelly WP.
1. Using Inline Related Posts Plugin
There are certain pros and cons of this plugin.
Pros of Inline Related Posts plugin
- Allows you to customize the design.
- Has prebuilt design.
- The prebuilt designs are cool.
- Easy to use.
- You can disable inline related posts in a single post.
Cons of Inline Related Posts plugin
- You cannot choose to insert manual related posts in this plugin. The posts are automatically inserted as per category and tags signals.
So, let’s get started setting up Inline Related Posts by Intelly WP.
Setting up Inline Related Posts Plugin
- First of all, install the plugin by clicking Plugins >> Add new >> Search Inline Related Posts in the search bar from the WordPress dashboard.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Now, open Inline Related Posts from the left dashboard of your WordPress website and click “Continue with the free version” unless you want to buy the pro version.
- Now, in the plugin page click “Active”. After clicking active the plugin customization menu appears where you can customize the functions of the plugin.
- You can enter your custom CTA button text to “Also Read” or “Read” or anything you want.
- You can choose the theme of Inline Related posts from the available options. The preview will be also shown for every theme at the bottom. I personally suggest you to choose the “Minimalist” theme as it looks clean and beautiful.
- You can add colours, shadows and other css as per your need.
- Scroll down to the bottom and stop when you reach “Plugin Setting”
- In the plugin setting options check the “Insert in already existing posts?” option.
- In the plugin settings you can customize how many Inline Related Posts banner you want to show on your blog as per your need. By default the plugin will show at least 3 inline related posts banner at the interval of 250 words in the content.
- You can also choose if you want to dofollow or nofollow the related posts. I suggest you to choose dofollow.
- That’s it now. Click save.
Now, you should see inline related posts banner in your blog posts.
2. Using JetPack plugin
The other plugin we can use to show inline related posts is called JetPack. JetPack is offered by Automattic, a WordPress.org company.
There are various reasons to install Jetpack on your WordPress website. I personally use Jetpack on all of my websites and suggest you use Jetpack on your website.
Advantages of using Jetpack on a WordPress website.
Speed: Jet Pack provides a technology that helps boost your website’s speed. It also offers lazy loading for images.
If you want to speed up your WordPress website I suggest you to use WP Rocket Plugin.
Automatic Daily Backups: This is a paid feature from Jet Pack. If you don’t have a dedicated backup facility from your hosting providers you can go for Jet Pack pro version which offers a very good backup facility to your WordPress website. It also offers one-click website restore from a mobile application or desktop computer.
If you want a cheap and fast WordPress hosting that provides daily backups with a one-click restore feature, I suggest you to use Hostinger’s web hosting.
Malware Protection: The pro version of Jet Pack offers malware and virus protection to your website. It also offers world-class spam protection for comments and forms.
Down time monitoring: Jet Pack offers an amazing feature called down time monitoring which lets you know if your WordPress website is down. If your website stops working due to technical failure like DNS misconfiguration, hosting problems and so on, Jetpack will instantly mail telling you that your website is down.
Social Sharing: Jetpack offers a social sharing button feature to your WordPress website. You can use plenty of popular social sharing buttons at the bottom of your post. Jetpack also offers automatic posting to your social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, which means your WordPress posts will be automatically shared to your social media accounts on publishing the posts.
Site Stats: Another amazing feature from Jetpack is that it offers a feature of site stats. Checking your posts stats in Google analytics can be hectic and very difficult to comprehend where Jet Pack’s site stats feature comes in handy.
Inline Related Posts: This is the feature we are looking for in this post. Jetpack offers a feature that lets you show related posts in your WordPress posts.
Setting up JetPack’s Inline related posts.
- First of all install and activate the Jetpack by clicking Plugins >> Add New >> Search “Jet Pack” in plugin search bar >> Install >> Activate
- Now , setup the plugin. While setting up choose the free plan unless you want to buy Jet Pack’s premium features. And, connect Jetpack by logging in to your WordPress account.
- Now go to Jetpack’s setting and enable the “Related Posts” option.
- Now, you can insert Jetpack’s inline related posts from your WordPress post editor by inserting a block called “Related Posts”.
- You can also customize the designs and other features as per your need.
So to wrap up, adding inline related posts to your WordPress website can be beneficial as it enhances SEO, user experience and increases reader retention. I suggest you to add/show inline related posts in your WordPress blog by using Inline Related Post plugin or Jetpack.
If you have any questions regarding adding inline related posts in a WordPress website then you can ask me on the comment section and I will be very much happy to help you out.
How do I add related posts in WordPress?
You can add inline related posts in a WordPress website manually or you can automate the process by using plugins.
What are inline posts?
Inline related posts are a link to a similar articles that appears in the midst of a blog.
How do I add related posts without plugins in WordPress?
You can add inline related posts to your WordPress blog posts manually if you do not want to use a plugin.
How do I show related posts in WordPress?
You can show related posts in WordPress by using some plugins like “JetPack” or you can do it manually.