Do you want to automatically publish/share your WordPress website blog posts to Facebook? Do you want to integrate WordPress with Facebook? If yes then you are at the right place.
With over 3 billion plus active members, Facebook is one of the most popular social networking platforms on the planet. Sharing your blog posts to Facebook will assist generate visitors to your site and increase pageviews.
Whatever you post on your WordPress website you must also actively share them on your Facebook page and generate special stuff for your followers to enjoy. If you merely utilize Facebook or any other social media network as an extra notice for visitors, you will not stimulate any growth. Your audience will grow if you actively expand your page. So, a constant sharing of your website’s post to Facebook and other social media accounts is highly recommended.
In this post, I will teach you how to automatically publish your WordPress posts to Facebook using a plugin.
- Why automatically share WordPress posts to Facebook?
- How to automatically share WordPress posts to Facebook?
- Wrapping Up
Before getting into the tutorial, let’s first know why to automatically share your WordPress blog posts to Facebook.
Why automatically share WordPress posts to Facebook?
So, the main question here is why do you want to automate the process? Instead of sharing the WordPress posts manually to Facebook; why do you want to share them automatically?
If you are a small blogger and do not write much content I suggest you to share your WordPress posts to Facebook and other social media manually. Because sharing WordPress posts automatically to Facebook needs a plugin and adding unnecessary plugins to your website may slow down your website. So, I suggest you use and install a plugin if you really require it.
Reasons to automatically share WordPress posts to Facebook.
- Manually sharing every blog post to Facebook could be hectic and time consuming
- You forget to share blog posts to Facebook
- Facebook is a great source of traffic to websites
- Your Facebook audience will get to know about your new posts instsantly
- Automation enhances productivity.
How to automatically share WordPress posts to Facebook?
1. Jetpack plugin to automate sharing WordPress posts to Facebook.
The reason for choosing the Jetpack plugin in this tutorial.
Jetpack is a plugin developed and maintained by people behind WordPress and it has so much to offer besides automatic sharing to social media. It also offers other features like website speed boosting, SEO optimization, security, backups, site stats, downtime monitoring, inline related posts and more.
Setting up Jetpack to automatically share WordPress posts to Facebook.
- Install and activate Jetpack plugin by clicking Plugins >> Add new >> Search Jet Pack in the plugin search bar >> Install Jetpack >> Activate.
- After you have installed and activated Jetpack, click Jetpack >> Settings >> Sharing from the WordPress dashboard.
- In the sharing section of Jetpack’s setting, enable “Automatically share your posts to social networks”.
- Then click “Connect your social media accounts”. After clicking the option a new home page dashboard will open in a new tab.
- You can now connect different social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, etc for automatic publishing but you should click “Connect” on Facebook unless you want auto publishing to other social media accounts.
- After clicking Connect, a new Facebook popup will pop telling you to log in to your Facebook account. Login into your Facebook account and then choose the Facebook page you want to connect for auto publishing.
That’s it. You have done it. Now, whenever you publish a new post on your WordPress website, it will be automatically published to your Facebook page.
However, if you don’t want some posts to be automatically shared to Facebook you can always turn off the automatic sharing for particular posts from the WordPress post editor dashboard.
2. Revive Old Posts Plugin to automate sharing to Facebook.
Revive Old Posts plugin is a dedicated post sharing plugin that can automatically share posts to different social media accounts.
It provides both free and pro versions.
If you just want to auto share WordPress posts to Facebook, the free version is enough. However, the pro version of Revive Old Posts plugin is a must-use plugin if you can buy it. The pro version of Revive Old Posts costs 75 USD.
The pro version of Revive Old Posts has the following features.
- Automatic posts sharing to Facebook, Instagram Business, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Google My Business and VKontakte.
- Schedule when to post.
- Share blog posts as images to Instagram.
- Custom share message.
- Only share posts from certain categories.
- Share certain post types (Eg. Only share Laptop products from your E-commerce website)
- And much more.
If you want to get the pro version of Revive Old Posts you can get it from below.
Setting up Revive Old Posts to automatically share WordPress posts to Facebook.
- Install and activate Revive old posts (By Revive Social) plugin by clicking Plugins >> Add new >> Searching Revive Old Posts in the plugin search bar >> Install Revive Old Posts >> Activate.
- After you have successfully installed and activated Revive Old Posts plugin go to Revive Old Posts >> Dashboard >> Accounts from the WordPress dashboard.
- Click on Facebook and login to your Facebook account by entering your login credentials and allow the necessary permission to the plugin.
- After this, all the pages associated to your Facebook account will be shown.
- Enable the Facebook page where you want to automatically share the WordPress posts on publishing.
- Now go to General settings and scroll down to bottom until you find “Enable Instant Sharing Feature (Post on Publish)”, “Use True Instant Share” and “Enable Instant Sharing By Default”. Check these three options and click save.
Now, this setting is enough to automatically share your WordPress posts to Facebook when you publish them. However, if you want to customize the post formats then you can go to “Post Formats”.
From Post Formats, you can choose what caption to share along with the post link. I suggest you choose “Post title” or “Post excerpt”. Besides this, you can also add hashtags if you want to add any while sharing the links to Facebook.
So, this is it.
To wrap up, sharing WordPress posts to Facebook automatically has never been this easy with the help of lifesaver plugins like Jetpack and Revive Old Posts.
I hope you guys have loved this tutorial. If you have any queries related to how to automatically share WordPress posts to Facebook, comment down below and I will reply you back.
If you want to learn video tutorials related to WordPress don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
How do I automatically share my blog posts on Facebook?
You can automatically share your WordPress blog posts to Facebook by using certain plugins like “Jet Pack” and “Revive Old Posts”.
How do I automatically share WordPress posts on social media?
You can automatically share your WordPress blog posts to different social medias by installing plugins like “Jet Pack” and “Revive Old Posts” to your WordPress.